CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Running Stroller Hell

I think this picture accuratly depicts my run today, except instead of a sausage on a stick M was holding my water bottle and i-pod. I decided that instead of being teathered to the treadmill I should attempt to enjoy the great outdoors. I packed up my little munchkin and dusted off the running stroller. I've only used it 3 times and I quickly was reminded of why it was a waste of my money.

Blogger Graphics
Blogger Graphics

I found some really Cute Blogger Layouts at Doobix.com

First of all it's very difficult to explain to a toddler that if mommy goes a mile in one direction mommy has to go a mile in the other direction in order to get home. Mommy can't blink her eyes "I Dream Of Geni" style and be there...no matter how loud you scream on the side of the road....with people looking out their doors and cars slowing to a crawl to make sure a call to 911 is not necessary.

Move along people! Nothing to see here!

As for the stroller itself it's a real pain in the ass to have to hold on to the damn thing. Messes up the rythmn, not to mention what pushing 40 pounds will do for the forearms. Unless there's some secret to pushing the thing without at least one hand keeping it straight to avoid traffic....anyone??

I'm proud to admitt that I showed great restraint to the tune of , "mommy, I wanna go home," sung in high middle C. Playing in traffic was an appealing notion after about 5 minutes of it. I SMOKED that last quarter mile just so she'd shut up!

I think the running stroller will be reserved for runs at the park. The car in the parking lot makes for a quicker get away rather than hoofing it all the way home.

Someone please remind me why I do this to myself again....ooo ya, I'm super fat still and I don't want to be anymore yadda, yadda, yadda.

5 comments:

Viv said...

I think it is great that you are out there with the stroller. Think what a piece of cake(wewa 1 pt cake) it will be when go at it solo.

Al's CL Reviews said...

LOL. Sorry DFCS gets called when you run with M!

Good job about the swimming!

Anonymous said...

And that screaming in the key of C is just one more reason I cannot have children. Bless you!!! ;)

Delane said...

I *think* the screaming stops after the 10th run or so. Or so says one of my friends who use to run with the iPod cranked and the kid screaming. She put a sign on her stroller...."my child is cranky, not abused"

Carly said...

LMAO...my boys HATED the jogger and I always worried that CPS would be called.